Margot Penner, BC RMT
From a young age I have had the desire to help people feel heard, understood, supported and encouraged in their everyday life. After years of traveling the world and working at back country heli-ski lodges I decided to put my passport away and move to Vernon. I studied at Okanagan Valley College of Massage Therapy, pursuing a career that would allow me fully realize this passion. As my studies continued my interest in the nervous system increased, which spurred my desire to work with people dealing with chronic pain, grief, high stress levels, depression and anxiety. Though my practice is not limited to these conditions. Massage can benefit anyone, from the young, to the injured and ill, as well as those who are interested in injury prevention and maintenance.
During our sessions I am committed to helping you find the solutions, within my scope of practice, regarding your health and wellness goals. Together we will create a massage plan which helps ease your past and support your future. After each treatment you are sent home with tools to help manage your symptoms between treatments. Whether it is deep breathing techniques, stretching and strengthening exercises or referring you out to other health care professionals, I want you to leave feeling empowered and supported on your unique healing journey.
Techniques I use include; Swedish Massage, Neuromuscular Therapy (NMT), Myofascial Release, Lymph Drainage, Trigger Point therapy, Hydrotherapy
Benefits of Therapeutic Massage:
· Reduce or eliminate pain
· Improve circulation and immune system functioning
· Reduce muscle tension and tightness
· Improve joint mobility and body awareness
· Reduce depression and anxiety
· Improve sleep patterns and decrease stress levels
Some conditions Therapeutic Massage can help with:
· Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Sciatica and other Nerve Compression Injuries
· Tendinitis, Sprains and Strains
· Scoliosis and Joint Mobility
· Whiplash, Headaches and Migraines
· Plantar Fasciitis and Pes Planus (flat arches)
· As well as many other conditions
If you have any questions as to whether therapeutic massage is right for you, please don’t hesitate to call or email and I will do my best to answer your questions. Please call 250-342-5803 to schedule your session!